These are seat covers which I have just finished making for the chairs in my sitting room.
I designed them myself, taking ideas from various magazine - and my head. I had to redesign them so that they fitted into a 41cms circle - then I added the grey edges.
Questi sono cuscini per le sedie nel mio soggiorno.Ho disegnato tutto, prendendo idee da riviste e dalla mia testa. Ho dovuto modificarli da far stare in cerchi di 41 cm e poi ho aggiunto i bordi in grigio
This I have called "Roundabout", because it reminds me of something twirling round - and when I was making it, I was preparing a talk about British traditions which also spoke about fairs and roundabouts!
Questo si chiama girotondo perché mi fa ricordare una cosa che gira come una giostra.
This is "Morning Star". In the area of Italy where I live, at the foot of the Alps, we can see" Monte Rosa", a mountain peak, so called because in the morning, when the sun rises, the mountain looks pink and this design reminded me of a star shining in this pink light.
Questo è Stella del Mattino. Nella zona d'Italia dove abito, ai piedi delle Alpi, vediamo Monte Rosa. Quando sorge il sole la montagna sembra rosa e questo disegno mi fa pensare ad una stella che brilla nella luce rosa
This is "Wrest Park" - a place which I love and it made me think of the formal layout of some of the flowerbeds there.
"Wrest Park", un luogo a me caro e questo cuscino mi dà l'idea delle aiuole formali che si trovano lì
This is called "Maypole Dancing". I could visualise the Maypole in the middle and the dancers round the outside.
Questo è "Maypole Dancing" - il ballo intorno al palo, tipicamente inglese. Mi sembra le ballerine intorno al palo al centro
No comments:
Post a Comment