Translate

Sunday, October 17, 2010


This is a picture of a sampler I made in 2009.
The idea came to me through the magazine "New Stitches" to which I subscribe. There are lots of fantastic ideas for things to create, trying out new stitches and techniques. However, they are all small, suitable for cards or coasters and so on.
I had the idea of putting some of them together to make a picture to hang on the wall.
I decided to make the finished size about 50cms square and from there I worked out the size of each one and where to put it with the help of a full size plan and pieces cut to scale.
Because my sitting room is pink and cream, I wanted to keep mainly to these colours. I spent a fantastic winter afternoon browsing through an on-line shop, choosing different threads in the chosen colour scheme. Imagine the fun when the parcel arrived and I could touch and see them. My fingers were itching to start!
Well, after about three month's work, this was the result...............
There are 21 different designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment