Normally I don't put things on my blog unless I have finished them but this time I want to show the progress of a long job which I started at the beginning of the year and which will probably take a long time to finish.
I decided that, having made a lot of things for other people, it was time I made something for myself.
I have called it my "Heirloom Quilt"
I have chosen 25 colours, mostly blues, some lilacs, two yellows and one green, with a backing in pale blue.
I am using the quilting-as-you-go method and it will all be hand quilted, using perle no 12 in blue (794). The wadding is a cotton bamboo mix.
Each block will be different, designed by me, and each surrounded by 5cm blocks.
Here is the first one which I finished in January.
Normalmente, non pubblico cose sul blog a meno che siano finite ma questa volta voglio far vedere il progresso di un lavoro lungo che ho cominciato all'inizio di quest'anno e che probabilmente richiederà molto tempo per essere finito.
Avevo deciso che, avendo fatto molte cose per altre persone, era ora do fare qualcosa per me. L'ho chiamato" Trapunta Eeredità"
Ho scelto 25 colori, soprattutto tonalità di azzurro, celeste e blu, alcune lilla, due gialli e un verde, con uno sfondo di celeste chiaro.
Sto usando il metodo di "trapuntare passo per passo" e sarà tutto trapuntato a mano, usando un cotone perlé azzurro (no 794 DMC). L'imbottitura è un tessuto misto cotone e bamboo.
Ogno blocco sarà diverso, disegnato da me e bordato da blocchi di 5 cm.
Ecco il primo che ho completato a gennaio,
It is half a Dresden Plate design.
Size without external bocks is 15x30
Questo disegno è una metà di "Piatto di Dresda" Misura, senza blocchi esterne 15x30
This is the second block. The design is "Castle Keep" taken from the book "The Essential Sampler Quilt" by Nikki Tinkler. However, I designed the pattern myself, and it uses the EPP method.
Size 30x30
Il secondo blocco è "Castle Keep" copiato dal libro di Nikki Tinkler. Usa il metodo con le cartine di carta freezer.
After the light colours of the previous block, I went for darker colours. This pattern is taken from part of a quilt called "Cinnamon Rose" in "Popular Patchwork". I liked doing this so much that now I am making a wall hanging using the same design. Block 15x30lo stesso disegno
Dopo i colori chiari del blocco precedente, ho scelto colori scuri. Questo disegno è preso da una rivista "Popular Patchwork".mi piace così tanto che adesso sto facendo un pannello con lo stesso disegno
"Hearts" is Block 4. Patterns taken, again, from Popular Patchwork and modified, cut in half and so on the make, what I think, is a an attractive combination. Size 15x30
"Cuori" è il quarto blocco, ancora da "Popular Patchwork" e modificato, tagliato in due per formare quel che penso sia una combinazione piacevole.
That's all until the next episode!
E' tutto fino al prossimo episodio!
No comments:
Post a Comment